Old Threads Salvageable!

Okay, I have found that old threads, now deleted can be viewed and saved by either finding a link that went to them, or by somehow knowing theur URL. SO any important threads, like the CM2 Wishlist for instance, might be able to be revived if you can find a link, use your "history" folder, or some other crazy workaround.

For proof of this, go to the main message board page, and you can see what are now supposedly deleted threads still isted (and saveable) under the "Most recent message" section.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Okay, I have found that old threads, now deleted can be viewed and saved by either finding a link that went to them, or by somehow knowing theur URL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what happened when I tried to open the save URL of the AKotM thread.

so it clearly doesn't work with all threads, if any.

if you have a link to a now vanished thread you may still have the page stored in your web cache. if you switch explorer to offline mode then try the link explorer will try to load a copy of the webpage from when you last visited the page.

note- if you visit the page online before trying this you will replace any cached copy with the present 'hacker message'.

i have no idea if this works in other web browsers but i would of thought most cached web pages in some way. and it definitely dosen't work unless explorer is set to cache stuff, but i think it's the default setting.

hope this helps,

ben.