OT-Soon To Be Locked Up Question Of "Where I Can I Buy The Cheapest RAM?"

You want the cheapest, or do you want RAM that won't cause system faults?

The cheapest is at the migrant computer shows. They got bags full of the stuff and go digging around in there with hot dog grease and mustard on their hands. Or, you could pay a little more and go to Kingston or Crucial, and get some RAM that is very dependable.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Guest wwb_99

Hi Mom!

But the best way to get rediculously cheap RAM is to go to www.pricewatch.com. Look for PC133 SDRAM. Prices are in the $50s for 256MB. They list alot of vendors, but credit cards cover you pretty well, and I have never had an intractable problem.

WWB

Try www.pricegrabber.com. If you get it from Crucial or some other known company, it's guaranteed for life, so you can sell it when you upgrade. In regards to the speed, it depends on your motherboard. PC133 is the morm these days, with PC200 and PC200 DDR becoming more and more maintstream. Find that cpu junkie in your circle of friends and he will tell you which to buy. As this forum is devoted to CM, and it's requirements aren't that high, you could (I'm guessing here), get PC100 SDRAM and save a bit. I would have to know your system specifics to give an informative answer.

civdiv

My system is AMD-500 Mhz with 256 MB of RAM-133 already installed so I think that I can only get the 133 stuff.

My local PC club computer outlet was selling 256mb-133 RAM for $89 bucks.

Pricewatch has a lot of Generic stuff I see...some name brands but I'm still skeptical about buying from some no-name dealer.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

$89 is pretty good, on Pricegrabber I found a couple $10-15 cheaper. I'd considor 128mb. IMO, 256 megs is too much for an 500mhz cpu and when you upograde in a year, everything will be pc200 at least. For $42 you could get plenty for your system, and save a bit.

civdiv