Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hotseat Bug

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I'll be damned if I am going to search for "bug", so here goes.

Played a hotseat game the other day. After my opponent had placed his units, I placed my units and then proceeded to plot turn 1 movement orders for them.

While plotting movement orders for one of my armored cars, deep into enemy held territory, I noticed that the plot line turned red in some areas that the armored car would have no trouble moving into (such as clear and light woods).

What was happening was that when I placed my movement plot over the location of *hidden enemy units*, the line turned red...presumably to tell me I could not move there.

Of course this partially revealed the location of some of my opponent's units before the game had even started.

This is the first time I have encountered this problem, and I have never seen it in PBEM play or vs the computer.

I was able to recreate this bug in a hotseat game I set up today. I believe the bug only occurs when you try to plot a movement order on top of an enemy vehicle or armored unit, and it may only occur when plotting orders for light armored vehicles such as armored cars and halftracks.

Anyone else noticed this?

The obvious "practical" (read cheaty) way to use this is to sweep the opponents area in search of enemy concentrations to be targeted by artillery...

The obvious limitation is that it won't reveal any enemies positioned in terrain that's unaccessable to vehicles anyway.

Cheers

Olle