Campaign question regarding "stacking" limits and supply

I am working on a campaign which will encompass a 22 x 22 km section of land. Each sector map is 1 sq. km. What should be the unit limit for that kind of area. The only thing I found on the subject was in a book called "Against the Panzers" which states that an American battalion covered 1-5 km depending on the situation. Does this seem reasonable?

I am also trying to introduce the element of supply into the campaign. Under dry (ideal)conditions How far away from a road can a unit be and still get 100% supply?

Thanks in advance for any help.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Urban Shocker:

I am working on a campaign which will encompass a 22 x 22 km section of land. Each sector map is 1 sq. km. What should be the unit limit for that kind of area. The only thing I found on the subject was in a book called "Against the Panzers" which states that an American battalion covered 1-5 km depending on the situation. Does this seem reasonable?<hr></blockquote>

Not exactly sure if this helps, but some general numbers for ya:

Regt: 2-4km

Batt: 1-2km

Comp: 0.5(?)-2km

It's not so much frontage as depth of the formation.

Nathanael

You could allow a whole corps into a 1 square km area as long as you have, at the campaign game level, harrassing artillery fire, and congestion penalties on movement. Harrassing fire going into such an over-stacked area would be extremely effective. Also, that particular square would be a traffic nightmare, so at the campaign level it should take a long time to get in and out of there.

If you incorporate these kinds of progessive considerations into the campaign game, then the limits for how many troops/vehicles can go into a square will arise naturally, because it will become too much of a hassle to have more than x or y guys, rather than there just being an arbitrary rule.

just 2 pfennigs

Well Colonel...you know your baseball!

Urban James Shocker played 6 seasons with the Yankees and 7 with St. Louis. He compiled a record of 187-117 with an ERA of 3.17. He was a member of some pretty good late 20's Yankees teams.

Urban Shocker struck me as a great warring name so I adopted it. By the way, you are the first person in 7 years to ask this question!