Why can't tanks use there machine guns when gun damaged

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Disco Diva:

When tanks are gun damaged does this mean that all there machine guns have been hit? why can't you use them as well armoured machine guns or maybe run over afew men, they seem to turn into slow scout cars

:confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was apparently a reson for this having to do with the Coaxil optics or some such thing. BUT the bow MG will still be used... so in effect yes.. they are now overpriced scout cars.

I have always had a gripe about gun hits being much too frequent but ever since I lowered my performance expectations of my tanks this hasn't bother me so much. Besides... I now usually buy only PzIVs which NEVER survive a turret hit. They just die, which I prefer greatly. ;)

Jeff

All their MGs aren't necessarily disabled, only the coaxial MG. The coax mounts in the same fixture as the main gun and points wherever the main gun points. It is also sighted with the same optics.

The gun hit apparently has jarred the mounting/aiming/shooting stuff for the front of the turret, and thus affects everything that is controlled from there.

Gun hits don't just model bent barrels, but anything which renders the gun inop, including hits to the optics. Once they're gone, they're gone for all the coaxially mounted weapons, including the cannon AND the coaxial MG. Bow MG should still work fine, if so equipped.

I now consider a gun hit-tank a wholly disabled tank, and retreat him off the battlefield unless he is in the thick of enemy infantry, because that is what a real tank crew would do. Otherwise they are expensive bullet magnets which can no longer contribute to the battle, but which could be returned to active service another day with some relatively minor maintenance.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

LOL...oh yes, you won't have that problem of gun hits with an PzIV...

But then again, you will have the problem of immediately losing your Pz IV when exposing it to fresh air or direct sunlight smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if you use new Vickers non-bio 2pdr AT tablets you won't. tongue.gif