Anyone know anything about continuing campaigns?

Before I got into computer gaming, I was a big 40K fan. The thing I miss is the ongoing campaigns against a human opponent. Where the outcome of each battle affects the type of battle you have next time along with the troop types. Also I think having all this mapped would be rather cool as well. I'm extremely new at cm, (perhaps a month now) but if anyone knows about anything like this, or would be interested, let me know.

Well the first I would try out would be playing ready made campaigns. There are some that aare very long and the battles certainly each affect the next. A handful comes with the package, but dozens are player-made. I have not tried many of these myself and would gladly pbem one with you, that is new to us both, except I'd be able to start in three weeks at the aerliest due to my present obligations (got quite a few games running, but many are closing the end). Would this be interesting to you?

You can also try the CMMC at http://www.cmmc2.org/. At present, the list is full but believe me, there will soon be dropouts and if you are on the waiting list, you'll soon be in. It is CMBB nowadays tho.

Regards

Dandelion

Oh don't say that. Makes me feel I ought to win by virtue of experience, and so I feel all the more sense of shortcoming and inadequacy when I don't ;)

I see you have your e-mail in the profile (personally I am too much a coward to have mine there, afraid of spam, virus and such). I collect it now and then I'll write you for a game in the agreed time.

Yours Truly

Dandelion