6lb British AT Gun doesn't fire tungsten?

Not to beat a dead horse, and knowing that the Allied Tungsten code has been tweaked, I ran into the following last night:

SPOILER FOR "REST OF THE RED DEVILS......

During the fourth battle, I had a 6lb AT gun sited perfectly to get shots at the last German King Tiger. The gun had 4h 18at 3t.

The gun (with 99% hit probability at 280m) proceeded to fire 10 straight AT shots at the King Tiger, bouncing or shattering every time. Not once did this AT gun fire its tungsten, even though it had a good chance of penetrating.

I am crazy (dumb question), or does this not seem quite right?

Of course, I lost the gun to the tank finally noticing the plinking my AT gun was giving it...kinda frustrating.

Originally posted by paullus:

Not to beat a dead horse...

This is a problem with a lot of the allied armor and AT's. Many of the British Cromwell's will not fire their hollow charges if they have too much HE. Vehicles with an abundance of AP rounds will not fire their tungsten. The A/I seems reluctant to use any special ammunition if lots of "other" ammunition is available.

The crew experience does not matter. I've had Veteran 6lb and 76mm ATG's sections refuse to fire their tungsten at German heavy armor. I'd understand if the crews were regular or worse they might mis-id enemy armor and load the wrong round. This shouldn't be a problem with Veterans or better. In one scenario a CRACK cromwell continuously fired HE at a Mark IV instead of using one of its 4 hollow rounds. *most annoying*