Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB improvement -- file names

I read the forum moderately regularly and, while I recall people complaining about this, I don't recall a request for a fix in CMBB.

Its very easy to overwrite a scenario with a saved game in CMBO as the two have the same file extention (last three letters after the dot). I request that seperate file extentions be used for saved games as oposed to scenarios/operations. Not sure how this would be done on the Mac, I'm not familiar with the OS, but I'm sure something similar could be done.

--Chris

This is a very good point. Most of the difficulty is that the default folder in which scenarios are saved is the Saved Games folder, making things confusing at best, or destroying hours of hard work at worst.

So, failing an extension change, at least switch the default scenario save folder to the scenarios folder.

WWB

The problem is that when you create a new scenario with the editor it is saved in the same place as the saved games are. So later, when you are playing your scenario and you save it with the default name you have overwritten your scenario that you spent hours creating.

In general it would be nice to be able to disinguish between scenarios and saved games at a glance. And hey, this feature takes almost no coding!

--Chris

Rob,

True, the workaround is rather easy. I, myself, just made a folder called "working scenarios" off the saved games folder. But it is very, very easy to forget to go there, and to overwrite the file. And it really, really sucks when you overwrite hours of hard work.

So, it would be nice if you had to make an effort to do so instead of the current system where if one does not make an extra effort losing creations is far too easy.

WWB