I was playing a cc2->cm scenario of schindel road. My air support arrives entirely too late, but I'd won the battle anyway by this time. So the aircraft targets my stuart.. simple misidentification, fine. But something odd happens:

Firstly, my units fire at the plane. My m3 halftracks, (and I think a sherman a3) all let off a burst at the plane. Thats odd enough because I didn't think m3 had AA capability, but I could be wrong.

Secondly, they never actually targetted the plane, there was no target line, just a bunch of tracer rounds into the air.

Third, they expended an ammo point to do this.. but some units lost the ammo point a few seconds before firing (they weren't firing at anything else.. they just lost an ammo point, and 3 or 4 seconds later, some tracers went into the air)

Anyway, just a few oddities. I've never seen friendly ground forces target their own planes.. and I've never seen tracers fired off without a targetting line.

(Oh, and he missed the stuart he was firing at, and hit a building with both bombs. Smashed the thing instantly, and took the remnants of a platoon with it. Cool screenshots.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

SenorBeef, if your playing the scenario I think you are playing, you will probably find that it is actually a German plane your guys were shooting at smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah? I thought the briefing said it was an american one. I assumed it was mistaken identity. Well, another plane came along, and blew up another building... ergh.