Questions about the new game

Don't know if this is the right place to ask about CM2, but I am going to go ahead anyway. Is CM2 to be an Eastern Front repackaging of the first game, or:

1. Will it be possible to link operations? Will there be some other way to create campaigns?

2. Will there be more options in the map editor? Large bridges? Quaysides? Greater variety of buildings?

3. Will there be any form of backward compatibilty with the current game? Will it be possibly to mix their features? Western Front forces, Eastern Front maps? Patton's War?

4. Will there be an option for individual men to be represented visually? I have read the designers note on page 26 of the current manual, but what about small battles on powerful computers?

5. Will it become possible to adjust the orbat of small units? By that I mean the numbers in each unit and their weapon mixes? "My TO&E"(!)

Finally, my apologies if these questions have already been asked or if they are inappropriate here.

CM2 or CMBB (Barbarossa to Berlin) will be using basically the same engine as CMBO, but it will feature some enhancements such as new types of terrain and as you said, new types of buildings.

It is of course a game concerning the Eastern Front.

As far as some of your questions...

Backward compatibility....not really but BTS may update CMBO to CMBB standards if possible. But that's a big maybe.

Individual men representation.... Nope, see screenshots of CMBB at CMHQ. Same ol' 3 figures per squad and 1 figure per weapons team.

Customized TO&E....nope, again, each unit and it's make-up are all highly researched. The only thing you'll be able to change is their ammo loadout.