Combat Mission---How Far will it go?

I heard about four CMS:

CM: BO --(Late Western Front) which everyone has

CM: BB -- (Russian Front)

CM : 3 -- Early War (France, Poland, Czecoslovakia)

CM: 4 -- Mediteriannian front--Balkans, Greece, North Afric and Italy,

The above are not all in particular order but those are the ones I heard BTS would be releasing, now I just wanted to know if there would be a Pacific CM but I would understand if not because the Pacific went on from 1931 (invasion of Manchuria) to 1945 and over a major scope of terrain, but in any case do you think that there will be a PACIFIC CM ? And any thoughts on a WORLD WAR ONE Combat Mission? smile.gif

-Niles "Fieldmarshall" HIrschi

It's up in the air. BTS has stated that they have no real interest in doing a pacific verision, but time will tell.

I believe they'll be remaking CM1 and CM2 with a new engine (CMII or even CMIII) before long (less than 10 years).

--

Edited to hide the evidence of my stupidity

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Jarmo ]

I'm pretty sure Steve is dead set against a Pacific CM. It sure would be neat to see if anyone could defend Iwo like Gen. Kuribayashi though. Sometimes lately when I'm watching Gladiator I ponder what a Roman CM would be like. It probably wouldn't be too good because you'd have to wait for runners to deliver your orders. Just think how pissed you would be when one catches an arrow and you have to start the process over again.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by niles:

I heard about four CMS:

CM: BO --(Late Western Front) which everyone has

CM: BB -- (Russian Front)

CM : 3 -- Early War (France, Poland, Czecoslovakia)

CM: 4 -- Mediteriannian front--Balkans, Greece, North Afric and Italy,

-Niles "Fieldmarshall" HIrschi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your a little mixed up CM3 is North Africa and Italy and so on. CM4 is the early war. smile.gif