Hello

Well its been a long year, I've been coming to this forum Just about everyday since last may. I was never able to post much due to the fact I was hospitalized most of that time and had limited use of my right side(thank goodness for the boy helping me). I spent most of this week downloading all the Mods I can find, Must say there are some truly gifted people out there keep up the work! I also got as many Scenarios as I could I now Know what the fuss is over at TGN man its slow! Wild Bill I am very much looking forward to finally playing some of your stuff and it looks like the raiders have grown a bit. I played my first TCPIP last night and wow thats something I could do all the time. I also been reading about G.I. Combat and I think its good to finally see some attempts to Match CM. I however am a little burnt out on the west front its time people learned about other theaters i myself would love to see a sqaud level pacific game based on the CM engine. I am however eagerly awaiting the release of CM2 The russian front is another overlooked theater especially in the U.S. Well enough ramblin I'm going Mod huntin!

Big Joe

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Big-Joe:

The russian front is another overlooked theater especially in the U.S.

You think so? Man, you've been in that hospital way too long! smile.gif BTW, I spent two months in one myself last fall.

No, it seems like every time I've turned around for the last thirty years I got slapped in the face by three new East Front games. You couldn't get away from them. It seemed to me that American wargamers had a monomania for the East Front. I will be interested to see what BTS' take on it will be, but I would hate to get inundated by another flood of EF games. I'm still waiting for a really satisfying Western Desert game.

Michael

Mike,I never could take too much of EF&EF2 games they just seemed to dry for my taste.I gave CC3 a try and was dissapointed with the A.I. It turned quickly into a turkey shoot with well placed AT's and the tanks! well that engine is still troubled, it would suit the close qaurter combat of the jungle much better. P.S. I'm not countin boardgames I know AH and the like covered it well. I think a N.Africa game would be a nice change. Would really love to see one that started in the late 20's Tanks vs. Cav!