Bug: AT mines in Tall Pines/Woods

Dar

Joeri posted earlier (12.Jan) that he's seen the AI set up AT mines in woods.

However, I feel it is a bug that AT mines can be placed in woods and tall pines by anyone, user or AI.

Repro:

1. Create quick battle with "human" purchasing for either side.

2. Choose "human" side and continue with defaults through to unit purchase.

3. Choose at least one AT mine from "Fortifications" category.

4. Go to setup.

5. Attempt to place AT mines in woods or tall pines.

Expect: Red "illegal placement" direction line and refusal to place mines in woods.

Result: Green "OK to place" direction line and mines placed in woods.

[This message has been edited by Dar (edited 01-20-2001).]

Why?

Do you think that it is impossible to set up antipersonnel mines or antitank mines in woods?

I think that anti tank mines in woods would be pretty pointless, but antipersonnel mines in woods can be very useful.

I also think that it is possible to place them in that terrain, and that without looking too hard, I could probably find examples of how this was done in real life...

Please read my post again. I'm only talking about AT mines. There is no point in putting AT mines in woods or tall pines terrain if vehicles can't go there.

I have no problem with AP mines in woods, tall pines, or even buildings (per the recent thread about "booby traps").

------------------

Dar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dar:

Please read my post again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read your post again. Yes. It would be silly for the AI to put anti tank mines in woods. It should be forbidden to do so and if it breaks the rules, it should be smacked, and sent straight to bed with no pudding.

[This message has been edited by Terence (edited 01-19-2001).]

Guest Madmatt

The only thing I could see was if the mines covered the very edge of the terrain tile so vehciles moving close to the woods would hit them.

I will see if this is something that can be looked at or improved. Hadn't noticed it before but I can see where doing so is odd.

Madmatt

Mines in the houses, mines in the woods. Hmm, wonder if you can boobytrap the bridges. This could get real interestin...

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Just letting you know that Charles is having a look at this.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see you are on the job. Have an extra brownie on me.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Madmatt:

Thanks for the follow up!

Btw,is there another forum to post bug reports to? I feel rather conspicuous posting them here in the main forum. I don't want to give the impression that I don't like CM or scare potential buyers off. I just want to help make a great product better!

------------------

Dar