Call for help!!!!

I am putting together a database driven site where scenario and mod authors can come and submit their work which will be uploaded and included in a database so that there will be a central place for this kind of process. Users can then come and sign up for an account and download the files that need testing, come back and leave feedback. What is nice is that the site will work instantaniously and since it will be db driven and asp coded it should be fine on a number of platforms.

Why I need help. I have the basic knowhow to create db driven sites. I have already tested the basic operations and how to perform them...ie...upload a file, add a user, update a user, remove a user, add a comment, etc. However I am looking for someone who can help me to understand either

1. How to take my three tables and mash them into 1 giant table for the site

2. How to effectively use relationships between the tables in order to have a system that isn't as cumbersome.

I am hoping to launch the site sometime around the New Year...hopefully...I am on track with page design (the easy part) but I think that testing and load testing the site will take a while so that the code will be fine on a number of platforms. When I'm ready for that kind of testing, I'll make another post...

However, I really really need some input for any asp db gurus....

medlinke,

Not to put the kabosh on your idea, but

The Scenario Depot already does this for battles, operation, and empty maps. There, CM players can read Amazon-style peer reviews of 900+ scenarios, download them, play them, then come back and place their own reviews.

However, mods are completely out of my realm, and they will never be included at The Scenario Depot.

The site runs on PHP/MySQL, and has been running sucessfully for about 6 months.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by medlinke:

I'm doing

MSAccess with sql commands!

It's a pretty basic set up right now nothing too complex. I just think it'll make an elegant interface and tool for the community to use as I have unlimited bandwidth to share<hr></blockquote>

Well, don't count on me for the interface, but I should be OK for making relations and views IF it's Access97, I don't have 2000 :eek: .

If I can dload the db file we can discuss the stuff to do...email me smile.gif