"RollMeOver"-author critical of armor

Just read the book - basically one guys memories of his WW2 experience from an infantryman's point of view...

He seemed to be very critical of armor - said they basically arrived late all the time and didn't offer as much support as needed.

The only reason I bring this up is I use my armor in conjunction with my infantry usually, and I wonder if this is the way most players do it? Also, do you think it was just this guys experience or more commonplace for armor to hang around until it was a bit more safer to come onto the scene?

According to the books i read in the Bocage fighting the American used armor to isolate the ends of a hedgerow (usually mg nests)and then the infantry would advance and take the hedgerow. The tank would come in with support after the infantry. This is just my understanding. I personally am using this current tactic. I use a recon screen (exact composition varies) to locate the enemy, pin it with artillery and move up armor with infantry in tow. After the armor further pins the enemy and is in a good position the infantry proceeds to take the position. This effort is covered with an AT screen. Those are my thoughts.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest