Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Leadership modifiers

I hunted through the various FAQ postings but couldn't find anything that gave a quantitative evaluation of the leadership modifiers. Has anything been published concerning how much the, for example, 'normal' combat modifier improves a squad's firepower? Is it 10% more effective? Does it depend on the quality of the starting unit. Does it affect armored units exactly the same? What if it has a lightning icon? A boxed icon? What about morale and stealth?

As an aside, I once heard a Marine boast the ASL leadership modifier system was so simple, he learned it in only 3 months. Didn't believe him so I played a trick on him. I took out the calculator I used myself for the complex ASL math, secretly removed the battery, then asked him to back up the boast. Showed him, I did. wink.gif

There's an excellent article on leadership modifiers at CMHQ. It was written by Ariel and somebody else. Very informative with lots of figures and tables of effects.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

I appreciate you pointing me in that direction. The article focused on the command modifier and I didn't see anything on the combat or morale ones. Is there a similar article on those?

------------------

Air Defense: Shoot 'em down, sort 'em out on the ground (AKA - if it flies, it dies)

Originally posted by ADAman:

I appreciate you pointing me in that direction. The article focused on the command modifier and I didn't see anything on the combat or morale ones. Is there a similar article on those?

The Morale and Combat modifiers would be pretty hard to quantify, given all the variables involved. Suffice to say that troops commanded by an HQ with a +1/+2 Morale modifier are significantly more *steady* under fire, same goes for the Combat modifier which could be a little easier to check and compare during play. After a few games you get a feel for the difference, enough that you will begin assigning platoons/support teams with a *good* HQ specific tasks because of it.