Newbie needs some help

Is there an order to make one of your units target an enemy that's out of los and have him automatically move to the best location for a shot or do you have to move your guy manually

The other day I had a crack sniper who wanted to take out an enemy CO but I couldn't find a good spot for the shot.

:confused: :confused:

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: guest2567 ]

Is there an order to make one of your units target an enemy that's out of los and have him automatically move to the best location for a shot or do you have to move your guy manually

The other day I had a crack sniper who wanted to take out an enemy CO but I couldn't find a good spot for the shot.

:confused: :confused:

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: guest2567 ]

Nope, you've got to find firing positions yourself. A marksman needs to be careful not to get spotted, so it's unlikely that the computer would be able to move him itself without him being noticed and dealt with. Because CM is three-dimensional, you can visually scout out appropriate firing positions (use view 1). And keep in mind that the marksmen in CM are not actual trained snipers, they're just good shots.

Nope, you've got to find firing positions yourself. A marksman needs to be careful not to get spotted, so it's unlikely that the computer would be able to move him itself without him being noticed and dealt with. Because CM is three-dimensional, you can visually scout out appropriate firing positions (use view 1). And keep in mind that the marksmen in CM are not actual trained snipers, they're just good shots.

I once atempted a little scenario where one side just had a sniper, a platoon commander with no ammo, and a truck driver (and a dug-in Panther in the far corner to keep the AI from immediately surrendering!). It was quite a challenge avoiding contact, staying alive, and identifying the batallion commander at the far end of the map... AND getting a clear line of sight for a shot!

I once atempted a little scenario where one side just had a sniper, a platoon commander with no ammo, and a truck driver (and a dug-in Panther in the far corner to keep the AI from immediately surrendering!). It was quite a challenge avoiding contact, staying alive, and identifying the batallion commander at the far end of the map... AND getting a clear line of sight for a shot!

Just curious: do any of you actively assign targets to your sharpshooters, or do you just let them plink away at will? I find that I rarely assign them targets, as they do a better job on their own. Occasionally, they'll waste their entire ammo load on a single squad if that's the only target they can see, but I try to hide the sharpshooter if he starts doing this.

Just curious: do any of you actively assign targets to your sharpshooters, or do you just let them plink away at will? I find that I rarely assign them targets, as they do a better job on their own. Occasionally, they'll waste their entire ammo load on a single squad if that's the only target they can see, but I try to hide the sharpshooter if he starts doing this.