General change of infantry power after the last two patches ?

After playing CM with a friend by lan we noticed a change of the infantries behavior.

We played it at both sides German and allied.

We wondered why it seems that the German infantry has always the advantage on her side even if the German troops were only regular and allied were elite. As the allied attacker you need up to 6 times more infantry not talking about tanks and as German defender you can hold your position or retreat without significant loses.

I thought the balance for a good attack or to start a useful assault the attacker should need only 3 times more power then the defender?????????

We are talking not about an area light to defend. We played quick battles with 5000

points and a small area by random weather.

Has anyone noticed the same or has an hint for the Allied attacker

After playing CM with a friend by lan we noticed a change of the infantries behavior.

We played it at both sides German and allied.

We wondered why it seems that the German infantry has always the advantage on her side even if the German troops were only regular and allied were elite. As the allied attacker you need up to 6 times more infantry not talking about tanks and as German defender you can hold your position or retreat without significant loses.

I thought the balance for a good attack or to start a useful assault the attacker should need only 3 times more power then the defender?????????

We are talking not about an area light to defend. We played quick battles with 5000

points and a small area by random weather.

Has anyone noticed the same or has an hint for the Allied attacker

Not noticed it at all.

I've found, when on defence, your own infantry will always do well ambushing the enemy, no matter what side you're on. That's just life!

Try allies on defence and you'll see there's no difference in modeling that isn't accounted for by dif. weapons and skills.

for allied attacker, take tons of inf, arty and big tank guns to flatten buildings. Level anything you can find. Drop very large arty shells on any suspicious patch of trees, lead your company with just one half squad from the first platoon to make sure you don't suffer severe losses if you run into the enemy.

I can show you if you like, send a file wink.gif

PeterNZ

------------------

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem, Croda and Joe Shaw -

Der Kessel scenario design group

Combat Vision movies

Not noticed it at all.

I've found, when on defence, your own infantry will always do well ambushing the enemy, no matter what side you're on. That's just life!

Try allies on defence and you'll see there's no difference in modeling that isn't accounted for by dif. weapons and skills.

for allied attacker, take tons of inf, arty and big tank guns to flatten buildings. Level anything you can find. Drop very large arty shells on any suspicious patch of trees, lead your company with just one half squad from the first platoon to make sure you don't suffer severe losses if you run into the enemy.

I can show you if you like, send a file wink.gif

PeterNZ

------------------

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem, Croda and Joe Shaw -

Der Kessel scenario design group

Combat Vision movies