A second call to arms for all Canucks!

Just incase anyone missed my first post a month back, I've started a website devoted to Canadian Units in CM. If anyone has _anything_ related to Canada for CM, send it on over to me to post. Mods, Scenarios, Operations, AAR's, Pictures, Links to sites, ANYTHING at all, mail it to me and I'll post it!

------------------

Charlie don't Surf

shadow@jagdtiger.de

http://www.orbitonline.ca/~Shadow/index.html

Of course, I am also accepting Canadian stuff for my website as well; see the link below.

As for the Canadians in Normandy - they got the living **** kicked out of them. So did veteran British divisions, German SS division, and US formations. Normandy was a meatgrinder.

This is nothing new.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

It would be even more stupid to get into a debate about the importance of any one Allied country over another in the eventual outcome of World War Two.

All the Allies were necessary for victory over Germany and Japan - Russia, the US, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada especially, but also France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Finland, Norway, Brazil, Italy, etc., etc., etc.,...

Could've sworn you would have bumped this before me, Shadow. Ah well, we've both got enough links to our sites so I guess anyone interested has probably dropped by.

Matthew_Ridgeway - sorry to be snippy. I jumped to the conclusion that you were simply stirring the pot, but on more sober reflection you were merely pointing to a thread you thought would be of interest. I did read the thread, and there was some well-informed commentary, with some solid sources cited. I was impressed with the level of discourse and knowledge displayed.

The final conclusion I've drawn is that Canadian units trained for four years in England but really didn't start to learn anything useful until they were on the Continent. The whole question of Battle Drill versus solid unit training is a large one, overshadowed yet again by Experience. In the end, we can authoritatively say that while Canadian units could have performed much better than they did in Normandy, it is also surprising that they performed as well as they did.

I am well beyond the need to prove to anyone who doesn't already realize what Canada contributed to Allied victory in WW II, nor do I want to start comparing fighting prowess among the major combatants. None of the Allies really stank of tactical genius, and the Germans certainly didn't reek of strategic genius, either. I do hope Black Five's comments were intended for comedic effect, though I am still trying to unravel what his point was, if he had one.

It still blows me away that BTS went to the trouble of researching Canadian stuff so accurately; many portrayals of Canadians from south of the border invariably ignore our Red Ensign or the fact we don't speak with British accents.

Anyway - both CM for Canada, and Combat Mission Canadian Bitmaps offer a lot to those interested in the Canadians in CM, so I may as well throw in a last plug before this thread slides away again.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

Don't MAKE me whip out my platoon of Bump 2A6 house cats on you!

(quick,somebody change the subject...I'm running out of tank names to butcher!)

[This message has been edited by Guy w/gun (edited 02-22-2001).]

Ha, I'll overrun you with Bumppenpanzers!

------------------

Charlie don't Surf

shadow@jagdtiger.de

Canada For CM