Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What Scenarios/Operations are you working on?

I'd like to know what all the scenario/operations designers are doing..just so we can perhaps share resources or collaborate somehow...Here's what I'm working on, if anyone is interested:

"Disaster at Dompaire", Operation, French Armor against Heer Armor (Wierd slugfest).

"Kampfgruppe Peiper at Stoumont" An upgrade of an earlier operation I designed (1000 downloads!) with new, better topograghical data"; and

"Company Commander"; A new concept...a "mini-operation" based on a day or two in the life of a rifle company comander, inspired by the book by Charles MacDonald...

What are you all doing??

Franko

I just put up an operation on my site that is quite unique - it depicts an attack by infantry only over a 1600 metre causeway surrounded by water on both sides, that is only 60 metres wide. The German side is defended with 20mm FlaK guns and concrete blockhouses. It's based on the true life action that the Canadian 5th Brigade and 2nd Glasgow Highlanders fought in October 1944.

The victory conditions need to be better defined, unfortunately, and at first glance the operation may seem unplayable to the faint hearted.

http://members.freehosting.net/canuckmain/scenarios.htm

I am also working on the battle at Buron on 7 July 1944 (there is already a scenario dealing with the battle there on 7 June) - I finally have contour maps and a complete German order of battle in addition to a great account of the Canadian side.

I was thinking of depicting the Canadian actions around Woensdrecht and Hoogerheide in early October 1944 as well - Calgary Highlanders, RHLI and Black Watch versus German paras. Anyone interested in collaboration is free to contact me.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by Franko:

Mr. Dorosh...where did you get your contour maps? locating them is a terrible hassle! Your scenario sounds intriguing though...happy to beta test if you want!

F.

I found a reprint of a map of the area around Buron in a book on the same subject. Lucked out - I had already made the map for it and THEN realized there was a contour map!

As it turned out, I went to play the scenario, forgot to back it up, and saved my file as the same name. In other words, I locked myself out of modifying the scenario. So I have no choice but to start again!

My grandfather was Mister Dorosh, you can call me Mike if you wish! The Walcheren operation is available for download at the URL given - if you have the time, feel free to let me know what you think. If I ever get the time to finish the Buron scenario I will post it to the site as well.

I am currently still testing out the North Nova Scotia Highlanders scenario that was sent to me by another designer. Nice to see all this creative energy unleashed.

Has anybody made a "Bridge at Remagen" scenario? I fiddled with the editor once to simulate the large "watch towers" at the ends by using large contrasts in elevations of pavement tiles to make a pointed column.

I'll see if I can whip it up again and post a pic of it.

Originally posted by Maximus:

Has anybody made a "Bridge at Remagen" scenario? I fiddled with the editor once to simulate the large "watch towers" at the ends by using large contrasts in elevations of pavement tiles to make a pointed column.

I'll see if I can whip it up again and post a pic of it.

I made one for Panzer Commander that is on the net somewhere. The Remagen scenario is the main reason I mentioned "tunnels" in another thread on terrain addtions. Someone else mentioned adding rail bridges, which would be great for this situation too.

I completely forgot about the stone towers; that would be a tricky one. If the game had silos (as was also mentioned in the terrain thread) it might be possible to do.

I am working on themed scenarios at the moment. I call it my "Recon By" series.

They are all meant to be played versus the AI and are roughly Company sized engagements, taking an evening at most to play.

Each scenario utilizes a different method of reconnaissance (yes, actual recon; not just moving to contact) and a unique reinforcement system. I won't explain it here (the briefings explain everything)... you'll just have to play 'em and see.

Here are the titles:

Recon By Stealth

Recon By Boat

Recon By Air

Recon By Fire

Aufklärung Bei Nacht (Recon By Night)

I've been working on them for 2 months and have had playtesters come back with good things to say every time. I was going to release them all at the same time, but now I think that it'd be best to release them once a week so that people can have a new one to play each week for a month or two. Look for Recon By Stealth this week. If you like to perform real recon you won't want to miss these.

Matt

Guest Napoleon1944

Max, there is a Remagen operation on one of the French speaking sites. I don't remember which one though. Check the webring.