New commands I'd like to see...

Here's yet another thread started with the hope that we happy users of CM (Mostly happy) could maybe persuade the Creators of The Game to add a few features that are missing from CM1

Independent Tank turret alignment would be nice. Yes, it has been brought up before, I hope it makes the cut for CM2.

I'd like a "Hide on contact" command as an add-on to a move or sneak command for squads, would be very useful for scouting split squads and sharpshooters, who tend to try to slug it out when far from friendly forces.

Also, a "Fall Back on Contact" command would be nice too, squads would make contact, take a couple of pot shots and pull back, but not in the same panic-prone way as the Withdraw command.

Also the ability to remain hidden (Probably for veteran units or better) even after the enemy is in the danger zone. It would be great to allow the enemy to pass and back door them. If Japanese units are ever added to CM this would be an almost mandatory ability. This ability to remain hidden would also simulate forward listening posts.

A rewriting of the Area Fire command, or an option to allow Area Firing units to fire on enemy units that enter its direct LOS.

Better indirect fire for supporting weapons! Arty Spotters can target well outside their LOS, so why can't field pieces and mortar teams? Being able to continue shooting thru smoke would be more realistic also.

Final Protective Fire command: The dreaded FPF, when you know that the only chance to prevent your unit from being overrun is let it all out, squads would not slack their fire the entire turn, although they'd probably come up "Low" the next turn and MG's might run a much higher risk of "Jam".

Yes, I will be buying CM2 even if none of these commands are available and I love CM now as it is, but I'd really really love it if all that stuff was in it. ;)

Anything else?

Gyrene

I like all of those. CM especially needs a HOLD FIRE command for scouting, i hate it when my teams see a StuH42 and fire at it to button it up as it slowly rotate towards them and its only 15 seconds into the turn.

:D hehe this board script calls them graemlins

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: MadmaN ]

All very good ideas and every one of them would be soooooo useful. It would only make the game that much better. Damn, those are really good ideas. Boy, some of you guys are good with coming up with great ideas. Hope the guys who need to know gets wind of these.