OT: Detonator 3 drivers--question.

OK, I have a Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 Ultra video card, I've been running the latest Diamond driver for the card that came out in Feb 2000.

I just downloaded the Detonator 3 drivers of which said that its compatible and all that and that it supposedly increases performance.

Now the question is, is it easy to install or does it require an uninstalling of the old drivers? and does it include any tweaking tools?

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Hi Maximus,

It is always best to uninstall the old driver and start your pc in standard VGA mode - then install the new drivers. It ensures a clean install.

Good luck.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

By the way i installed the detonator 3 driver on my second pc which has a TNT 2 card - but i did not see any real performance hike, it seemed just the same. But it is worth a try because it is quite painless to do it and depends on your card and the rest of your system. You may find it better.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

IIRC, You need to restart your comp in VGA standard mode to install the drivers. The Det 3 drivers that I dl'ed had a pretty detailed ReadMe file and I followed it. I had no problem so you shouldn't smile.gif

------------------

When one goes tear-assing around, one often ends up with a torn ass.

Even if you don't see performance increases it's always best to update drivers ASAP just to ensure compatibility with the latest patches/updates to any programs you may have.

I know DirectX can be really nasty about causing little random lockups if you don't have the absolute bleeding edge latest drivers.