Seven Roads To Hell

Just wanted to mention a damn good book on platoon and company warfare in WWII by the Screaming Eagles! Pretty good description of Battalion warfare also. The name of the book is Seven Roads To Hell by Donald R. Burgett, by Dell. Pretty good mission ideas in this book. It is about the 101st Screaming Eagles at Bastogne. They called themselves The Battered Bastards of Bastogne! I should be getting my copy of CM today. Took off of work to wait for it. I ain't gettin' outta this seat till Sunday night!!! :rolleyes:;):D

There is a scenario by the same name (and based on the same book) by ... someone. (sorry, I'm at work). Not a bad scenario, captures the unpleasantness of having a long colum trapped. It was up on CombatHQ way back when (November?) and may have made it into the archive that is floating around. I also have the scenario at home (I think) if anyone wants me to e-mail them.

Valley of Trouble...I pulled out my troops from the right and tried a futile attemp at the town up the center, but without that infantry support...so I withdrew to fight another day. I am currently fighting the scenario again. This time I have 2 platoons advancing with tank support up the center but slightly to the left, utilising the folds in the ground to protect my tanks as I smoke the hell out of the German forward positions. One platoon advances to the right of the road while one more remains in reserve behind the main attack. Mortar and MG up on the hill with spotters. So far I have given the Germans a pounding with arty and I haven't lost any tanks yet...but it is only the 5th turn. I keep running to the front of my house to gaze out the window to see if my copy of CM is here yet...dammit!!! I grow impatient waiting for it. I guess I could play some old Squad Leader until it shows up. Take care all you troopers out there.