And another possible CMBB option...

This may also have been discussed. How about an option to define the time of the start of the battle? That way a game that started at dusk could inch its way (or abruptly change depending on how difficult this would be to implement) to becoming night with all the inherent relevant changes taking effect. And vice versa with nightime becoming day during a long early morning battle.

I think this could have very interesting and real effect on how battles are fought.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 6(sic)6:

Nice idea, but not for CM, becuz most games never pass 60 turns(1 hour) so the games arent long enough for day-night cycle.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: 6(sic)6 ]<hr></blockquote>

Dusk falls pretty quickly and visibility changes dramatically in that one hour period. Ever been outside during sunset?

Soldier,

I'd say that it's quite clear that he's never been outside. Probablly never even left his computer......

Edit: Becuase its hard to type and eat at the same time.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Lord General MB ]</p>

What if instead of a day/night change, there was weather change? Perhaps this has been discussed before, but not to my knowledge.

Imagine, a morning battle in which the fog burns off to clear skies after 5 turns! That would really change the dynamics of armour positioning!

Or how about a clear and damp day turning to rain and mud. That certainly could happen within an hour (especially in Europe).

I don't think the programming would be too difficult either. All you would need is at least one interim condition, like "light fog," or "light rain." Tthese transitional conditions would give the players some reaction time to change their strategies!!

:eek:

I agree with Mr. Trap that weather changes would also be nice, but I thought I'd make a more reasonable and static change request first. Although reasonableness is certainly in the eye of the beholder. I think both would greatly enhance the flexibility of factors with which scenario designers could ply their trade. Which certainly makes for a more interesting product.

As for those commenting on the length of game not being long enough for a relevant change of light conditions, I would just say - :confused: