Italian Forces query

JonS

Hi Folks,

does anyone have a good line on info about the Italian forces? This request is, I suppose, in two parts. In general, I haven't been able to find anywhere near the level of information and detail as is regularly available for UK, CW, and German forces. Most of the stuff that I have seen just lists raw numbers - "250,000 men, 1,600 pieces of artillery, and 200 tanks moved into position", that sort of thing. While kind of interesting, it doesn't help at all for CM level scenarios.

In particular, I'm after TOE data about I/66 Regt from Trieste Division, and III/47 Regt, from the Young Fascists Division, for April 1943 just before the final victory/defeat in North Africa. Also, the Folgore Battalion, apparently made up of a grenadier company and two companies of parachutists - but how were the companies arranged? All were involved in the battle for Takrouna, a hilltop village a few miles east of Enfidaville, and were attacked by X Corps of the 8th Army. Apparently there were a limited number of Germans there also, any info on those guys would be appreciated.

I've cross-posted this in the CM:AK forum.

Many thanks

JonS

Originally posted by JonS:

In particular, I'm after TOE data about I/66 Regt from Trieste Division, and III/47 Regt, from the Young Fascists Division, for April 1943 just before the final victory/defeat in North Africa. Also, the Folgore Battalion, apparently made up of a grenadier company and two companies of parachutists - but how were the companies arranged? All were involved in the battle for Takrouna, a hilltop village a few miles east of Enfidaville, and were attacked by X Corps of the 8th Army. Apparently there were a limited number of Germans there also, any info on those guys would be appreciated.

Sorry, but the info I have is of no use. The latest I have info on the Trieste Division is 41, nothing at all on the Young Fascists and 1942 for Folgore. Folgore seems to go through almost monthly changes, so anything for 42 would be worthless for 43.