Winter hurts my eyes . . .

So I've only played 2 battles EVER, that took place with snow.

Mainly due to the fact that I cannot look at all that whiteness, for long. My brain begins to hurt.

I can't tell elevation differences unless I'm right down at ground level. (I usually DO go to ground to check elevation while plotting over GREEN ground, but in winter, I have to plot my whole force's movements from the ground when I'm trying to use elevation to my advantage. I just can't cope with all the mousing and camera positioning. The back and forth from unit to plot point. I'm a gamey bastard.)

What have you all done to cope with the white-washed ouchy-eye factor of the winter scene?

Gpig

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gpig:

So I've only played 2 battles EVER, that took place with snow.

Mainly due to the fact that I cannot look at all that whiteness, for long. My brain begins to hurt.

I can't tell elevation differences unless I'm right down at ground level. (I usually DO go to ground to check elevation while plotting over GREEN ground, but in winter, I have to plot my whole force's movements from the ground when I'm trying to use elevation to my advantage. I just can't cope with all the mousing and camera positioning. The back and forth from unit to plot point. I'm a gamey bastard.)

What have you all done to cope with the white-washed ouchy-eye factor of the winter scene?

Gpig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

darken the gamma: shift+G (or alt i forgot)

of switch the tile bmps with the reg grass ones. will look weird, and green text will be hard to see but easy on eyes