Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Minor bug in 1.12 operations: units retain embarking status between battles

Just ran into a minor bug while playing the Vernon operation - at the end of the first battle I had a 6lb gun moving towards a carrier to embark. It never got there, but in the second battle setup the gun still had its "EMBARKING" status, and there was nothing I could do to change it. In the orders phase for the first turn, it was still showing EMBARKING, but with no movement line. When I came back to it in the second turn, it had moved a few meters from its lovely ridge-line location and was showing a movement line to the carrier, which was now on the other side of the map smile.gif At this point I could cancel the order and send it back to its start point...

This is a minor bug - it's unlikely to happen often (how often do people embark units on the last turn?) and has no catastrophic effect (unless it's your last AT gun and it moves out of cover during the next battle) - but it's another one that could be cleaned up for CM2. Probably just needs an extra internal field to be cleared between battles?