Will Eastern Front Engineers have chainsaws?

I bet you guys have not ever heard about the team of Finnish lumberjacks who cut up entire Red Army armoured divisions into neat mottis (a measurement equalling a qubic meter of wood) with chainsaw's in the true über-Finn fashion. Quite fascinating story, really. :D

Was a light browned african beaver, or a black nosed siberian one? This has to be modeled !!!

BTW, will BTS include the posibility to play in "chainsaw arena" mode? Team deathmatch, only chainsaws and infantry allowed !!!

Last point: is using chainsaws as offensive weapons gamey?

(great thread!!! Almost classical !!! ) :D:D:D

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Blenheim ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

Jeeze Tero…talk about putting a damper on the humor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the original title of the tread is after all about chainsaws. We can not have you guys talk only about lend/lease beaver and how it was deployed if the only proof of its existence you've only seen are fuzzy and out of focus pictures. BTW: are there any of the actual, original lend/lease beavers around in prime condition and if there are has anyone ever actually toutched one ? In its natural habitat or in a museum. :D

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: tero ]

Not only were there beaver squads in Russia, but I have the translation of one of their marching songs, supposedly written by Soviet Hero Seventh Class Buki Bivernov:

"Brusha brusha brusha,

Here's the new Ipana,

With a brand new flavor,

It's dandy for your teeth."

The "new Ipana" referred to was the 20mm over/under chain saw with night scope. I've got a picture around here somewhere...