Towed 40mm Bofors

I did a search, didn't see anything specific to this. I realize the towed guns do not turn on an axis with the movement of the towing vehicle. But the 40mm Bofors four wheeled carriage ends up being towed sideways depending on the direction of the vehicle. I guess its been brought up, maybe not, but it sure looks strange being dragged sideways. Guess it isn't used all that much to make any difference.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Glad to see others like the 40mm. Every since one shredded a MkIV of mine a while back, I gained a little respect for them. Tricky messing with a towed version of it, but one never knows if the Luftwaffe will decide to make a cameo appearance. They also seem to have a decided impact on the comfort level of enemy infantry. smile.gif

------------------

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

They work great, just got donw using 3 on defense, one got a Stug3, Kubelwagon, and 20mm on a HT, before a 75mminf gun took it out. One provided flank security, and one knocked out a Puma and distracted my enemy a little. Could have kept him alive a little longer too. Probably could go through side armor of a Panther too. And high ROF gives it a pretty good chance of gun hit or something. Put them in trees and keep them hidden until your opponent thinks it safe them nail him.

I'm trying it in a QB-ME, little tricky using towed guns, but with a little luck they can come in handy. Better if placed from the start, more difficult if not. Haven't used this particular gun before, thought I'd give it a try. I generally prefer a 37mm Flakwagon, but find meself with the Canadians this time.

------------------