Day of Defeat

I just found out about this great game! While it's not a wargame it IS great fun set during WWII. You get to play as either the Americans or Germans in first person, and u can play as different types of soldiers, each with a different type of weapon & traits. US weps are Garand, Thompson, BAR, Springfield. Jerrie weps are k98, Gewehre, mp40, and the mighty mp44.

Anyway they've got a bunch of WWII maps for it like Omaha beach & Caen. Successful play does require teamwork and wounds are realistic (one shot kills) so its not very gamey at all. U do have to have half-life to play and it is a 100mb download, but just set up download accelerator and go to bed. It'll be done before u know it smile.gif Its like being in Saving Private Ryan.

Just suggesting this great bit of fun. Hope some of you check it out, and if ur ever fighting with or against Captain Wacky, don't be afraid to say hello!

before i played CM, i was a big Half life player, esp. counter strike. but i quickly lost interest because it requires such a little amount of thought, and your dead before you have a chance to react. i like games where you REALLY have a chance to win, even when things go wrong at first. YEAH COMBAT MISSION! THE GAME THAT SAVED US FROM FPS AND CLOSE COMBAT! good job BTS.