Some CM questions.

Hi there, I have been playing Combat Mission PBEM for about 1 year now, and it seems that I still have alot to learn about the game.

Here are my questions:

1) Some tanks have 5 crew members, such as the Tiger. In a modern tank you have a driver, a gunner, TC, and a loader (unless autoloading). What does the 5 crewman do? Radio? Redundancy?

2) I just recently played my first QB with a 2000 point limit. I love it, it adds a whole new flavor to the game. My question is can you take a battle that you have played a scenario on and use it for a QB, or do you have to use a randomly generated map everytime?

All NATO modern main battle tanks (e.g. M1A1, Challenger, Leopard 2) I can think of only have a four man crew. The crew consists of a driver, loader, gunner, and commander. There is not a fifth crew member.

Russian modern tanks have either a four or three man crew- dependent on whether the tank has an autoloader assembly. Tanks with an autoloader include: T-64, T-72, and T-80. Tanks without an autoloader include: T-54/55 and T-62.

Then, there are the miscellaneous models- such as the Swedish S-Tank, the French AMX series, the Israeli tanks, I'll let you explore their secrets....

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Heibis:

Sorry, you cannot have maps loaded in a QB.

Jens<hr></blockquote>

I have actually found that the QB map generator does a nice job as it is.

I used to play a fictional war game with a friend of mine. It is called Warhammer 40k ... it has a similiar approach the the QB ... you pick forces based on a point system that have there own strength and weaknesses.

I tend to prefer the smaller flat board with about 1000 - 1500 points to allocate.

We played one with a large heavily wooded board and 5000 points to allocate, and it really wasn't my cup of tea.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lowmodelrs:

2) I just recently played my first QB with a 2000 point limit. I love it, it adds a whole new flavor to the game. My question is can you take a battle that you have played a scenario on and use it for a QB, or do you have to use a randomly generated map everytime?<hr></blockquote>

I seem to recall (from reading one of the CM2 info threads) that BTS has indicated that they're going to try and add this capability in CMBB; that is, the ability to use a pregenerated map for a QB, and/or save randomly generated QB map so that it can be used again.