Reinforcement Markers for Aircraft

I am creating a CMBB scenario where some of the Russian reinforcements are potential aircraft. When I preview the map there are reinforcement flags for the aircraft. Now, these reinforcements are just aircraft.

My questions are,

Does the placement of flag define any controls/limitations on the aircraft?

Do they initially appear from that position?

Previously I always thought that aircraft just appear on the battlefield (from the supporting edge) and fly to the opposite end. Thereafter, they appear from another location and fly to the opposite edge.

Thanks for any insight.

I ran a series of tests a good while back to see what effect the marker had on the aircraft's arrival point. According to my results it didn't. The aircraft came in from all around the map.

Now, the marker may be the spot where the aircraft makes its initial LOS check just prior to the actual bomb run, although that is just a guess on my part.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

I ran a series of tests a good while back to see what effect the marker had on the aircraft's arrival point. According to my results it didn't. The aircraft came in from all around the map.

Now, the marker may be the spot where the aircraft makes its initial LOS check just prior to the actual bomb run, although that is just a guess on my part.

Thanks for the quick response Kingfish! Sometimes I think that I could be typing a question on this forum and before posting the message a response would already be posted....

I guess the only other piece of information would be a response from the BFC guys on your theory. To know whether that is valid could really make the air support advantageous for my scenario.

Of course I imagine they are a little busy for a response these days.

[ October 30, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Zitadelle ]