TCP/IP chat suggestion for CM:BtB

OK, I don't think Ive seen this mentioned before, although it might have been in one of those monstrous CM2 suggestion threads.

Here goes: This isn't a crucial part of the game, but it adds much to the enjoyability of TCP/IP matches. The current ability to chat is pathetic, to say the least. The ammount of words you can type is small, the messeges dissapear fairly quickly, when a conversation is going on it clutters the screen, and worst of all, you can't view past conversations in the same game.

Once again, this isn't crucial, but it kind of makes the TCP/IP function, which is working wonderfully BTW (besides the god awful captured crew bug), look cheap and un-proffesional.

If you (BTS) has the time, I would like to suggest something like a window you can open and close where all your messeges in game are stored. That way, you can minimize and maximize it at will, look back on previous conversation (no more "I had to go to the John, what did you say?"), and generally make chatting much easier and more enjoyable.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]