Oops, Slightly OT, but I gotta know..."Stalingrad"

Personally , I loved it, seen it numerous times. It came across to me as a no bull$#!? look at war. Not like SPR which to me had the old "arent all germans nasty nazi pigdogs who deserve to die and the allies are all great humanitarians" modern day propaganda designed to appeal to certain audiences. Stalingrad is worth watching and keeping. To me it was a unbiased look at the horror of war.

Hi M.Bates et al

You sound like a fan so could you answer this:

At the end of The Willing Flesh, Steiner is lifted along the tunnel. Do you think he dies at the end, or does he have a vision of Anne, before getting out the other end of the tunnel.

Not specific as to his fate but I agree that it seems that we are to conclude that Steiner dies the allegory being with his physical passage through a dark tunnel out into daylight on stretcher compared with his vision of Anne and the bright 'sparling crytal' and his final words "I'm coming, I'm coming, Anne". Similar to Maximus end in Gladiator (although we do view his actual death)

Actually in the COI movie we do not specifically see Steiner die either, we see him laugh at Stranskys fumblings and see an explosion alongside the railway carriage he was standing adjacent to at this point but not actual shot of him dead.

Later

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK