TCMHQ - Weekly Update ( New Challenger Mod ! )

Guest Tom

260501.gif

Gentlemen ,

the weekly update on Tom´s Combat Mission HQ:

1.) A new winterized Challenger by Daedalus the Flyer. There is also an improved version of the winterized Comet available.

Get it from the " Mods - Allied Armor " section.

2.)" Wingen-Sur-Moder - 6.1.45 ". Elements of Task Force Herren, with artillery support from the 45th Inf. Div and armor support, are to re-take Wingen. Defending the town are the remnants of 2 Bns of the 6th SS Mountain Division(Nord).

Authors: Steve Dixon, Paul Synnott, Dan Brown.

It´s a HUGE historical infantry battle.

Get it from the " Scenarios - France 1944/45 " section.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Buckeye ,

have you entered my site via the " Netscape " button ? I hope that helps. Concerning the wooden bunker link. I have no idea. The link works ( just checked it ). Probably it´s because of the file name ? ( the zip is called " Tanks wooden bunker.zip ". Maybe the spaces in the name cause problems with Netscape ??? I will rename those " spaced/underlined " file names tomorrow and hope this will fix the problem....or somefink :rolleyes:

Cheers

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

Hi Tom.

I can't get to the Allied Armor mods...nothing comes up on the screen. I'm using Netscape.

Oh, BTW, the link to the wooden pillbox still doesn't work for me, either.

Please fix or do somefink. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom

On the netscape version of your allied armour theres a few tag errors and also redundant code, as a quick and dirty fix load the page in the netscape editor and save it, this should make it more netscape compatable but you will still have to correct the coding errors.

PS looks like you put a lot of work into this code.

[edit} i tried putting some of the code errors here but it inserted the code into my message and made my post screw up

:rolleyes:

[ 05-26-2001: Message edited by: Pud ]

Another way of getting cross broswer compatibility is to going into your composer's preferences and checking the option to make your pages cross compatible. In other words, it will disable things that won't work in one or the other so that the pages will display and work properly in either browswer. Microsoft Frontpage has an option to disable IE stuff that won't work in Netscape.

Unfortuantely Frontpage also has features in its coding which are server specific and causes problems when running the html from your ISP servers(viewed through any browser)that isnt being served from a microsoft server (most aren't), better to honestly stay clear of frontpage.

PS All GUI web editors place a heap of redundant code so no matter which one you use it wont be "clean" code.