Unit Under Fire Question.

HEllo,

When I click on a friendly unit and there are ememy units visible ( and it appears in range ) I will see colored lines from my unit to the enemy.

I typically see, yellow, orange and pinkish-red.

what do these indicate ? ...

I assume they indicate some sort of target effectiveness or something.

thanks,

------------------

D.

Yellow indicates your unit is targeted by someone (direct fire), orange I believe indicates indirect fire (mortor & art) with line of sight, pinkish red usually indicates trgeted with no line of sight.

------------------

Are you gonna pull them pistols? Or whistle Dixie? --- Josey Wales

Are there any topics that haven't been talked about? smile.gif Can any give a link to a thread where this has been talked about before?

I've always wanted to know the answer to derekd11's question. I've done searches. I've read the players manual -several times and the best that I could extrapolate is that-

yellow means, in LOS, targeted, but not fired upon.

Red means, in LOS, targeted, & being directly fired upon.

Not to take anything away from Nitsud42's answer, I'm still wondering what the answer is. -Especially in regards to the red (or pinkish red) line. Is it diect fire or indirect-fire? Thanks for any help.

Jumbo

Select a unit.

- A red line means the selected unit is targetting the other one.

- Yellow lines mean the selected unit is targetted by other units, one per line.

- Orange lines denote indirect fire (FOs or mortars), or (IIRC) area target fire.

- White lines denote smoke shots (AFVs, FO or mortars).

Hope it helps.

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

[This message has been edited by coralsaw (edited 01-12-2001).]