Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mods Mods Mods!!!!

Hi all,

With so many mods out I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm hoping my full version of CM will be here next week (Anyone know delivery time to Australia?) and with all these fantastics mods out i don't know what ones to get smile.gif

I plan on going down the road to a mate who has cable and a burner to download all the mods i want/need. I don't want to get duplicates for i'll probarly end up with the worse one in use smile.gif

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there one site with all the best mods on it?

I may be dreaming here smile.gif but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I realise that this may not be the place to post this message but i didn't know where else too. frown.gif

Stix

Delivery time to Australia is about two weeks (got mine in 13 days around Xmas)

Best place to start with mods in this brilliant game is CMHQ - find it at www.combatmission.com - there is a great guide to modding called MadMatt's Mod Guide - find it under the Third Party Mods section. The 'Mad Dog' packs are worth having. I think I still have both on CD-ROM, so depnding where you live I could send them to you, save you having to D/L (email me if you wish on bsmith@idx.com.au). Mods make a real difference. Another good spot is Combat Missions - www.combatmissions.net - got some great mods and advice on using different units.

Cheers

Smith

There's some good mods on The Last Defense, including Gunnergoz's famous hires grasses.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

A more conservative way I've come to recommend recently is to take it one step at a time.

There are a few restrictions to consider;

- How much harddrive space can you spend on mods? A few hundred MBs will take you somewhere...

- Do you want to have interchangeable mods, specific per nation or branch (like specific French, US, Canadian, Polish and British Shermans), or will you settle for a single standard version for all? (More versions require more space.)

- Can your graphics card handle large amounts of hi-res mods, or do you have to go for low-res? (IMO there's little visible difference between hi-res and low-res, but for most mods you can't choose.)

Once you've established these basic requirements, then you can either fire away and download everything to one or two CDs, and take your picks from there later on, or you can search the different sites to pick the best mod for each unit before downloading.

(MadMatt's mod packs are a must for download, but don't install them straight off. Take your time to compare each mod with what you already have...)

What's lacking in the original flora of BMPs are textures for winter units, so these are a good starter. Then you can search for replacement textures of any other unit you feel need an upgrade.

Don't forget the sound mods either...

Cheers

Olle