Archer Mod...Suggestions Please

Hi there... Here is a pic of my new Archer Mod. It adds the weathered look to the sides, and in some places reflects the effects of ricochets, etc.

I am still working on the browning of the green armor, but haven't finished it all, as is evident on the side of the turret.

archermod.jpg

Tell me what you think. If you want to test it out, let me know and I can send you the files 4100-4107.

Thanks

Keith

Guest Germanboy

Medlinke - looks good. And thanks for paying attention to one of the less glamourous AFVs in the game.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by PawBroon:

BTW, there is NO way an Archer can have ricochets unless someone spit on it...

Yeah, from what I could gather it was basically a good excuse to put a 17 pounder on tracks, but it didn't stand a chance against any size gun.

To defend the addition of the "ricochet" marks...well...come on...they look pretty cool. Maybe someone had muddy boots on?

hehehe

Keith

Originally posted by Maximus:

Honestly, I don't see a whole hellava lot of difference between stock and that picture. Am I missing something?

Nope. Because I couldn't find any camo schemes etc, and the only "color" pic I had was simple olive drab, I only toned down the green a bit with some browns (a kind of wash, but in some places got to be too much) and added the black splotches of carbon.

So...no you aren't missing much! I didn't add any handles / equiptment / or anything although I did see a differnt front with more "handles" on it that I may incorporate as well as a unit insignia.

To be honest, the stock image was perfectly on, and there was no real need to mod the damn thing, but I did anyway because, hey, I wanted to give it a go!

Keith

Keith

Guest KwazyDog

It might be of interest to some to know that the Archer was the first texture I came to that we didnt use a model photo as a base for, so I had to make it from scratch (the model for it as well as the texture).

Damn, I learnt a lot working on that old girl wink.gif

Dan

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

It might be of interest to some to know that the Archer was the first texture I came to that we didnt use a model photo as a base for, so I had to make it from scratch (the model for it as well as the texture).

Damn, I learnt a lot working on that old girl wink.gif

Dan

Well, I can tell ya, when I opened it up to mod it...there wasn't much to do...as is evident in the picture...The work really shows Kwazy