Heres a suggestion

I was watching the history channel just the other day and they had a speciel on Barbarossa ao if ypu would like good suggestions you might want to buy it. But what I really wanted to suggest is that you said you would be adding the lend-lease tanks, I dont know the name but i heard it could be a tank off road and on road could take off the tracks and put on wheels to make it a armored car. It sounds unbelievable so you probally wont take the sugg.

As per your suggestion for taking tips from the History chanel, most people here are going to tell you that is about the last place you would want to get detailed info from. Around here, the HC is considered "history-lite".

I believe that the tank you mentioned which could take off its tracks and ride on wheels could be the Soviet BT. I don't rightly know what model it is exactly, but I saw and read about these tanks in a WW2 encyclopedia a while ago. Dont have it with me at the moment so I cant confirm this.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

I believe that the tank you mentioned which could take off its tracks and ride on wheels could be the Soviet BT. I don't rightly know what model it is exactly, but I saw and read about these tanks in a WW2 encyclopedia a while ago. Dont have it with me at the moment so I cant confirm this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it was lend-lease rather than Soviet built, it was probably a British built light tank, the Tetrarch (sp?).

Actually nearly any tank with a Christie designed suspension was designed to do this to decrease wear and tear on roads, and increase road range. Problem was, depending on the design, it could take hours to make the changeover, therefore, no place in the scale of CM. I believe the T-34 was the first Soviet tank that had a Christie based suspension that did not include this feature.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funnyman:

I was watching the history channel just the other day and they had a speciel on Barbarossa ao if ypu would like good suggestions you might want to buy it. But what I really wanted to suggest is that you said you would be adding the lend-lease tanks, I dont know the name but i heard it could be a tank off road and on road could take off the tracks and put on wheels to make it a armored car. It sounds unbelievable so you probally wont take the sugg.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was Christie's design it could run on tracks or w/o.

Regards, John Waters