Marco/Gordon Batch File system about to get a MAJOR MAKE-OVER.

Hi guys,

Well for those of you that are using the batch files, we are in the early processes of totally revamping the system.

As some of you may know, there have been some errors in the system so far. These problems have been patched into the latest version. However, we have run into a bit of a snag trying to work in the Camo Priest.

So what Gordon is doing is he is scrapping the whole system and converting the whole thing into a rather simple EXECUTABLE where you would simply click on a form field dot to select which set of textures you want in at the time in a nice GUI window.

So for those that thought that the system was getting complicated, well you're sort of right. Sometime in the near future, look forward to changing out the batch files and shortcuts for an easy to use C++ executable if all goes well, that is. ;)

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

No it won't.

Gordon is doing the programing so chances are that it is just a batch files system with a hasty camo job.

Now if Max was to pop one we could expect a Hue & Saturation of the MOD Manager.

Mind you, you don't want to know what I can produce alonf those lines...

:D

Just to chirp in.

That would be cool, that would be grand and someday the small dots that you click with a plastic thingie with a ball in it would be called Radio Buttons by Midgetus.

Gordon, I tried to launch the batch you sent with the JPG you joined and that won't work.

Fix or do Somefink!!!

You might even put the official icons used by the batch system already next to the little circles one as to be sober to put the rodent on top of those...

This would be a HUGE improvement for people like me who have all the mods. I have carefully tried to install all the batch files and update them. But I am, after all, a lawyer, so I'm not sure I have done it right. Some of the camo files don't seem to work.

Please keep up the good work for those of us who depend on hi-res mods to make CM more immersive, and also to get the increased armor effects of high density pixels.