Changing of the Guard--Name changes

Hi Commissar

how are you by the way ?

Have been using the editor a lot today and found that you can edit names if you open a scn in the editor then select 'Units' then highlight a unit on the OOB menu and at bottom of screen you should see an 'Edit' button this takes you to screen where you can edit various items one being Unit Name (default says Standard change it to Special and edit as you want)

Note that CM will not allow you to change ranks for a unit.

Cheers

Sgt Steiner

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

You also can't edit the default names. Hopefully this will change in CM2, as I'm starting to get a little tired of Sgt. WightWynn, Cpl. Shultz, Obj. Steiner etc.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Damn, the one thing in CM we don't get to modify. Oh well.

Steiner, I think you are confusing me with THE Commissar(notice the The). I got the name first but the other guy posts a lot more than I do.

[This message has been edited by Commissar (edited 02-16-2001).]

Commissar,

You cant actually change the troop "name" (Joe Blow), but I believe in the editor you can change what the unit was called (Paratrooper).

Steiner,

Yub, its me you wanted! My bloody computer is in repairs, hardware did not cooperate and Im sitting here on a friends computer for the past 2 weeks. Plus I lost my e-mail thanks to ICQ erasing my accopunt *sigh*

Hope you still got that file..

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Hi all Commissars and assorted others smile.gif

Sorry for the mix up and to THE Commissar I still have our game file for when you back up and running.

Actually there is another Sgt. Steiner (note subtle . which differs from my plain version)who frequents this forum.

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

Hello People.

You can change the names of your HQ units in the editor (if thats what your asking). Just click the HQ unit and hit enter to edit it. It has a place for default name, or you can type a name for the commander in there.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=