COMBAT MISSIONS: Weekend Update (including Franko's Latest !)

More stuff! :

Just in time for the weekend, we have another generous helping of CMBO extras for you to have a play with. In this update we've got a bit of everything -- a new set of Axis Uniforms from Maximus; a background ambient sound file for Clubfoot's "Utah Beach" mod from DRD; scenarios by Xavier Degrand, John Newman, Andy Thomas and Levi Klein; and finally; another article from Niles "Fieldmarshall" Hirschi, which this time see's the Volksturm coming into LOS.

MODS

1.) - 1943 Heer, Gerbirgsjager Uniforms, by Dave "Maximus" Molinarolo

heer43.jpg

2.) - Ambient Sounds for Clubfoot's "Utah Beach" mod (waves, seagulls etc.), by DRD

SCENARIOS

1.) - "The Battle of Lingevres", by Xavier Degrand

2.) - "Vimoutiers" , by John Newman

3.) - "Tank Trap" (Version 2.1), by Andy Thomas

3.) - "Deathride of the Panzers" (Version 2.0), by Levi "Mr--Johnson" Klein

ARTICLES

"The Volkssturm and their use in CM:BO and on the Western and East Fronts" , by Niles "Fieldmarshall" Hirschi

OPERATIONS

As an additional update to the above -- i have just received the very latest historical Operation from Franko. "29 LETS GO !" sees the US 29th Infantry Division "mixing it" amongst the hedgerows with the elite 3rd Fallschirmjager Division.

As always, thanks to everyone for submitting to the site. Have Fun!

[ 07-14-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

What small arms mod is that Manx? I've probably got it on my harddrive but just don't have it installed.

Also, I might try another variant to that repaint. Some may say that it has too much of a blue tint to it. I kinda agree. It also depends on the color setting of your monitor. My monitor has 2 preset color settings, a 9300*K setting, and a 6500*K setting. The 9300*K setting tends to be a "cooler" look, the 6500*K setting tend to be a "warmer" look if you know what I mean, when you think of warm and cool colors.

When I did this repaint I had it set on the 6500*K setting and it looked plenty green, but when I switch to 9300*K it does look kinda bluish. So I may retry and green it up a bit. I tried it this afternoon, but my computer froze while doing it and I lost my work.

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Max -- I believe it's bfamily33's "Small Arms" mod. At least that's the last weapons mod i can remember installing. I figure you've probably already got it, but if you haven't you can get it here Small Arms Mod

When i viewed the individual bmp's on their own for some reason they did look "greener" than when viewing the complete mod after i installed them, but i'm sure you know that a screenshot taken on one system can, and probably will, look entirely different when viewed on another.

Anyway, if your not happy with the results you got with this just send me a revised version and i'll get it posted ASAP.

Yeah Manx thanks for the update. I really want to thank Maximus for the outstanding Heer uniforms. I was hoping someone would come out with a new one and this one is excellent. The detail is just - well- excellent. Thanks a bunch!!! Only problem is it says " Can't find File" when I tryed downloading it. Hope it's not just me. I'll try back later as I want to download it and use it in my next game this evening. Hope somebody will fix it. Again, nice mod. They will go along great with your American one I already have.

Quote form Maximus:

When I did this repaint I had it set on the 6500*K setting and it looked plenty green, but when I switch to 9300*K it does look kinda bluish. So I may retry and green it up a bit. I tried it this afternoon, but my computer froze while doing it and I lost my work.

Please just don't make it too green. I would rather see it more grey then blue or green. My opinion and will settle for whatever you come up with but think greyer if anything. :D Good job whatever you decide I'm sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

Max -- I believe it's bfamily33's "Small Arms" mod. At least that's the last weapons mod i can remember installing. I figure you've probably already got it, but if you haven't you can get it here Small Arms Mod

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've got it, but the guns in your screenshot don't match up with the ones in his pack. The Kar98K is 1407.bmp and the MP40 is 1403.bmp. In fact, the ones in the screenshot look like the original stock weapons.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When i viewed the individual bmp's on their own for some reason they did look "greener" than when viewing the complete mod after i installed them, but i'm sure you know that a screenshot taken on one system can, and probably will, look entirely different when viewed on another.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this is funny because your screenshot looks greener than my screenshot. So with this, I believe I'll just leave them as is. However I do have a few revised files I'm going to send ya. I slightly changed the color of the helmet, making it slightly darker with a contrast change. And I made the "sock" (above the black boot) brown kinda like the original uniform.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Anyway, if your not happy with the results you got with this just send me a revised version and i'll get it posted ASAP.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I did do a greener one, but it looks just like about every other feldgrau version we've seen so far. I can send it in as well, and have people choose between the greyer-looking one or the greener-looking one, both of course using Andrew Fox's excellent Hi-Res uniform as a base.

I also have a winter version I can send you as well, using a winterized version of a helmet texture that Magua sent me a while back. In fact, I might try using that same helmet with the feldgrau. I'll see how that looks. Stay tuned. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Yeah Manx thanks for the update. I really want to thank Maximus for the outstanding Heer uniforms. I was hoping someone would come out with a new one and this one is excellent. The detail is just - well- excellent. Thanks a bunch!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lcm1947,

I'd just like to clarify that this is just a repaint of Andrew Fox's Heer uniform. The detail is all his, I just painted around it. ;)

OK, Version 1.1 on its way to Manx.

I've included a couple extra helmet textures this time. Plain, Large wire, and Small wire.

Boy this one was a tough one to get right. The more I tinkered with it, the more frustratyed I got, 'cause when I thought I had it right, then it either looked too dark (green) or still too blueish. I hope this version will please everybody.

I didn't bother doing Andrew's SS version of this uniform 'cause I doubt the SS actually wore this uniform in combat. Really only officers and SS troops in the rear areas wore this sort of uniform I'd assume right?

I'm using Andrew's M44 HBT Twill Camo for my SS along with a modified feldgrau trouser.

The Heer unifroms look great Max! Great Job! I think this is your best effort to date!

(even if the detail is Andrew the paint job is phenomenal!) I really like the color!

[ 07-14-2001: Message edited by: Freak ]