Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Stug IV or remote flexible MG bug?

The Stug III is a pretty common axis afv, and a nice one as well. In a recent scenario I got to command some Stug IVs. Nice I thought, the Stug IV got a remote flexible MG which means U can fire it in any direction even if U are buttoned.

Well, what good is that damn remote flexible MG when it in fact NEVER fires!? My Stug IVs started with the usual 24 MG ammo and in spite of plenty of oppurtunities never fired their MGs. I should add that many times enemy infantry was very close and the Stugs unbuttoned but no, not a single burst fired despite the desperate need and full ammo supply. This kind of makes the Stug IV less attractive than it should be. Is there anyone else out there who have experienced similar problems with their Stug IVs and/or non firing remote flexible MGs in general?

Though I am not sure they fire "enough", I am absolutely certain that they do in fact fire.

I just ran a test, infantry closing in on two StuG IV's immobilised in rough terrain. Both fired their flexible MG's (one at 180 degrees, the other at 90 degrees) at the oncoming infantry.

A matter for tweaking perhaps but not a dead feature.

M.

This is an occurance (or non-occurance, I 'spose) that first came to light with the Hetzer, which has the same Remote Flex MG setup.

Seems because the Remote MG has such a short supply of ammo (24?), the AI is loathe to use it except in instances of dire self-defense --- usually infantry under 100m.

But it will use it: I was trying out Fernando's Stu mods just today, and my buttoned StuGIV fired it's remote MG at some infantry 90deg right.