3 new Desert Fox-Desert Rats screens.

Do you guys need a desert Priest mod? I'm working on one, but I couldn't remember who was doing Desert Fox, so I never asked if they already had one.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

A desert Priest, interesting. From my research NONE of the American vehicles were painted in desert colors, the standard OD was used. For the Brits I am allowing the Sexton. I am not sure where it will fit in OR how I can make it fit in.

Would you consider working on the Bren carriers?

MikeT

Uh, I didn't do any research, I just made up a nice camo pattern. I suppose I'll finish it though.

Sure I'll mod the carriers. Got any pictures I can work off of?

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

I don't really post much on the forum.. But what I wanted to ask is will we be seeing new Allied and Axis uniforms for th Desert Mod ?? i.e.. Shorts for the Brits... Plus I want to know if the composition of the units will be different ?

And to end I would like to know if anybody has a new fallschirmjager uniform mod coming out ?????

Gustav, I will take a look at my books but right off hand I cannot remember any color pic of the Bren carrier.

Rupert_2, Audace (in Italy), Clubfoot, and I have been working up a desert mod for CM. Audace and Clubfoot have done a great job with their respective assignments. Audace has worked up Italians which includes new uniforms (redressing the Germans), Italian speech files (again the Germans), some new light weapons, and redressed the H39 (too like more like a M13/40) and the Stug (with help from Marco too look like the Semvente assualt gun). Clubfoot has done the terrain tiles, esp the Lyban sand tiles, plus some new buildings. I had already done Tunisian and other hardpacked terrain tiles (suitable for Crete, Sciliy, etc). I do have some nicely done DAK uniforms (better than mine) and I redressed with permission existing German vehicles such as the PZIV, 251/250,etc.

At http://w1.312.telia.com/~u31213280/index.htm you can find some coverage of the desert, pics and wav files, plus some things I would like to do in the future. I will need some language files for some plans, such as Japanese.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

Gustav, I will take a look at my books but right off hand I cannot remember any color pic of the Bren carrier.

MikeT

Alright. I'll just make one up. I should be able to start in a day or two. I've got a nice sandy pattern with blotches of brown. It looks pretty good.

------------------

Originally posted by MikeT:

A desert Priest, interesting. From my research NONE of the American vehicles were painted in desert colors, the standard OD was used.

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The Uk fielded 90 Priests in time for Alamein, and they were painted overall sand. I'm looking at a picture of a 11th Reg. RHA 1st Arm. Div. Priest right now. Overall sand, black oval with white rhino on pulpit-side front mudguard, 77 in red over blue square other mudguard. Sexton didn't make it to the Desert.

And shouldn't the LRDG jeeps be sand too? With windscreen removed, most of the grill bars removed, and a condenser can and hose?

Marco, thanks I didn't know that and I didn't find anything about it in my books.

Gustav, when you get the Priest ready simply keep it around for when the DFDR is done. In many ways I am counting of the various modders to fill in the gaps, and the will be some. For instance I am hoping someone will do the Desert Rats uniforms. I got the DAK and Audace is working on the Italians.

MikeE

Sounds good. The Priest is about half done. Should I make the interior a sand color as well, or just leave it green?

Marco, I don't suppose you could scan and post the picture?

------------------

Marco,

You're correct about the LRDG jeeps, of course, and they should also be bristling like little porcupines with 4 machineguns, as well. I think Mike is probably looking for people to help with these things.

I was planning to take care of as many of these issues as possible before the mods' release. Already started on those rat patrol jeeps, in fact. But there is no way everything will be finished. I've maintained a frantic level of activity for the last month and a half working on the mod, but unless we get a few more willing graphics gurus, all the vehicles won't be complete at initial release.

Consider this an open call to any and all mod-makers who'd like to see their favorite vehicle represented in the mod. If you have time, and would like to see it in DFDR, skin it and ship it to MikeT at: desertcmt@home.com

or me at:

melton1911@aol.com

Anyone contributing will of course get full credit for their work.

Clubfoot.

Marco, I tried to remove the windscreen from a german truck and found that there was a faint outline from the model itself. I even "lowered" the screen over the hood but discovered at the right angle that you can see thru the truck, a real laugh at first.

From the outset I am concluded that I do not have the talent or time to do all that could be done and was relying of others such as yourself to really finish the job, if interest in the community in desert battles was there. In fact I knew that no matter how much time I spent on a mod you could do better. I want to provide the ideas and concepts for the desert conversion, enough terrain mods to get going, and as many scenarios as possible for gamers to jump right end. We are close, very close now. I am sure that over the next year you and others will finish the job of getting the desert looking right.

MikeT