TAC AI too good when men attack machines?

My opponent is loaded with Hetzers and Jadgpanzer IVs (think 10 of each and you'd be close). I was only semi-prepared for such a battle (i.e., I didn't purchase the right type of armor). Anyway, I do have lots of zooks and glider squads with plenty of inherent AT capability. The problem I'm discovering is that whenever I rush a platoon close enough to the tank hunters, the TAC AI reverses them out of my range and then proceeds to pummel my troops.

I don't have a problem with that. The TAC AI correctly recognizes that my infantry is a threat and takes compensatory action. As a matter of fact, let me take this opportunity to commend Charles on this. Well done Charles.

No, the problem I have is that they're buttoned up AND rotated 90 degrees from where my infantry is attacking from. Now I have no idea where the vision slits are for JPs and Hetzers, but IMO a turretless vehicle should not be able to recognize an infantry threat in its flanks when it is buttoned up and hunting for targets to its front. And certainly not in a matter of seconds. What happened was the Jadgpanzers rotated to face my infantry the moment my infantry got within LOS and reversed while firing at the same time. This all took place in a matter of one 60 sec turn.

Now, I guess there is some small possibility that my opponent correctly guessed where my infantry was going and just so happened to rotate his tanks at the same time I arrived. If so, its kudos to my opponent and not the TAC AI, especially since the platoon I raced over was engaged in a firefight at the time. But if not, then maybe the TAC AI is too good at moving tanks out of trouble?

If this is how it's going to be, I can try to plan for this, but damn, its already hard enough hunting tanks with infantry.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

It would also be nice if you could order the men to run up to the tank even if the tank moves, like the embark command. I have had situations where an armored car is scouting for a tank force and gets too far ahead. But if I rush the car with a squad or two, I run the risk that the car will move, and my men will just sit out in the open for the rest of the turn.