Static Operations-How does the Attacker Casualty Point Factor work?

• 7 months later...

I asked the same question awhile ago while working on some ops. The answer that I recieved is that it affects the value of the attackers points at the end of the op for victory calculation.

ie. if for instance you have the casualty point factor set to 50% then the attacker can sustain twice as many casualties as the defender and still pull a draw if all other considerations are factored out(victory flags, etc). The opposite would be true as well if the factor were set to 200% then the defender could sustain twice as many losses as the attacker for equal end results.

As far as I know this is how it works. The manual does not explain it at all and the wording is kind of confusing and could be taken either way. It also seems especially kind of strange if it does work this way that the editor allows you to go up to 1000% in the defenders favor as in most scenarios the attacker is already at a disadvantage. Maybe Matt or Moon will catch this thread and set us straight.

P.S. I tried to establish for myself which way it worked by playtesting some of my ops against the AI with settings from 10% to 1000% and beleive it or not could not really establish a solid answer(still had wins and losses at both settings) :confused: :confused: :confused:

• 9 months later...