PBEM trouble

I'm trying out my first PBEM games but I'm having a lot of trouble. We've gotten our layouts done but when I try to download the first movement turn from him, the .txt attachment opens in a new window and I can't save it. When i try to copy and paste to notepad it says I'm out of memory which is kind of ridiculous if you knew my system. Anybody know how to fix it? My email is Hotmail if thats related to anything.

I had the same problem and the only way I could manage to get Hotmail to work was to have my opponent ZIP the files. You might want to have them try to use one of the PBEM managers. Good Luck.

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: gengisjon ]

Well it would depend on the size of the file, but Notepad is a poor choice. try using Wordpad instead, or Word, Works, whatever word processor you've got. Just make sure you save the file as a text file and not a Word for windows file.

but getting your opponent to zip the file is the way to go if you are using hot or yahoo mail...

if you are using your browser to get e-mail that would give you a problem..

i have used hotmail via Outlook Express. just go to tools/accounts and add your hotmail account that way you eleminate the browser and attachments will be able to be saved to your hard drive in a normal way..some place in hotmail is the info you will need for outlook express

hope this helps