Wild Horses

" Brrr! Steady Darling! " said Rottenführer Liebig to his beloved Opel truck. But all his attempts to calm down the beast has remained futile for the last three turns.

No matter what clever driving trick Liebig pulls out of his sleeve, the truck remains out of control - even worse, all trucks of his transport platoon show a similar behavior and try to move to hull down position on a small hill.

Either the trucks have become victims to a strange disease or the drivers have turned fanatic. OK, they're SS ( Safety S*cks ) and they may had some dreams about driving strait into Kingfish's MLR with blazing guns like those freaky Punx from the Mad Max Movie, collecting Armour badges and Iron Crosses and be invited to one of Adolph's famous dinner parties for spoiling the Allied advance, but...

Seriously, they really ignore my orders to stay put or move them out of the harms way.

They also decide to make their advance through scattered trees and managed so far one self immobilization and abandonment while doing so.

Back to my cell,

Schugger

Hmm, was probably in the German drivers training manual to drive into trees, are the British trucks doing it also. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-01-2001).]

Franz! Let the clutch out slowly, then ease down on the gas. No, not like that you idiot! Move over and let me drive!

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Big Brother @ work, Kingfish?

Well, I should be already in bed now but I could somehow sense your omnipresence, must be the usual rotten stench of defeat, I assume biggrin.gif Who wonders if my blood-crazed trucks are the only thing you're after? I would gladly move one of them into your LOF as I'm one of those good guys who like to give their opponents at least a slight feeling that they could influence the outcome of a given battle - before I steamroll them ( even with Vergeltungs Trucks ).

Actually, I think I've found the reason behind the issue: As it is the 12th Shappy Schmoks unit I have the dubious honor to blunder into battle with, most of them doesn't have a driving license yet. Or they've located and already looted the Schnapps Depot Kingfish and me are fighting for ( which makes me the automatic winner, btw. ) or a combination of both.

Heck, late night chell specking does not work for me

[This message has been edited by Schugger (edited 02-01-2001).]