Squad Leader-Combat Mission/Paydirt-????

Combat Mission is the only computer wargame

that has properly replaced the old Squad Leader boardgame by Avalon Hills. In fact, it has surpassed it!!!! Some of you older gamers may have remembered, "Paydirt"; a simple, straight foreward, strategy football game. I loved it, and would like to see a computer version of it. I would'nt trust

Hasbro to come up with a version of it, but

I would trust Battlefront. I dont need arcade visuals, just the end results of a play called. Anyone out there looking for the same thing? Maybe triple the number of play options, and include those great 70s teams- Steelers,Raiders,Dolphins,Cowboys. Even the 76 Cardinals with Jim Hart at the helm. I loved the 74,76,77, and 79 NFL seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I played an Avalon Hill game against Stefan a few times, called something like Cosmos3000.

(Stef?)

That was fun.

Haven't seen it listed on eBay, though.

frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of game was it?

With a computer you wouldn't have to keep track of all those team play/yardage sheets that inevitably get dog eared etc. I used to play this all the time! Here Here for Paydirt

------------------

"Lack of weapons is no excuse for defeat"

- Lt. General Renya Mutaguchi, Commanding General, Japanese Fifteenth Army, 1944-1945

Science Fiction, with ships that looked like spark plugs in bad res on cardboard chits.

There were destroyers, battlecruisers and carriers.

One alien race used to have this "slip drive", you would aim for a certain spot on the map but you would never know where you would end up.

The game started with only one side's units on it I think, and gradually the other would have to reveal himself as he shot -- something like the Romulan cloaking device in Star Fleet Battles.

There were fighter squadron chits that were three hexes in size, they would take hit points until you had to flip the chit over, and later take the squadron off entirely as they were eliminated.

Anyway we played that game for hours and hours. Lots of fun, but obviously AH put no budget behind it.

Before that I played SPI's Panzer'44, that was fun too but that's another story... Anyone think of converting some of those old scenarios and maps to CM? The scale is different I know. I'm just rambling now, waiting for a PBEM to come back.