Bug River/Pripet Marshes scenarios posted

Two new scenarios posted at 'The Proving Grounds' this weekend.

Pripet Marshes Panic:

- A battalion of German infantry cross the Pripet River via Yakub bridge to launch an assault from the grounds of the Bogolansky Sobor (Cathedral)into the Pripet Marshes. The grounds of the Sobor are used as a fire base for artillery and support vehicles, but only infantry can move through the marsh itself to where the partisans lie in wait. Takes place in June of 1942. A preventive action to keep the partisans from interfering with the coming July summer offensive. Fictional.

Bug River Bug-out:

- Based on account I once read (I believe in Guy Sajer's 'The Forgotten Soldier' - name & title correct?)of Germans fleeing across a river under extreme Soviet pressure. Dropped it into the context of the evacuation from the Bug River line in March 1944. Tired & dispirited infantry crowd the Eastern bank while waiting their turn to cross via a ford. Atop the bank above them a thin line of German AT units attempt to hold back the advancing 8th Guards Armoured. An exit-point game. Quasi-historical.

Also check out my recently posted

Alushta Agony:

- Based on a map by Theike as revised by me with his permission. A combined force of German & Romanian troops are dug in on Shivaya Gorka Hill, their backs to the Black Sea, as elements of the Independent Coastal Army under General Yeremenko emerge from the town of Alushta below them. Quasi-historical.

Note: GJK's 'THE PROVING GROUNDS' is an excellent place to playtest your scenario. Not only is it possible for players to add reviews, a separate discussion thread is automatically created for each new scenario. Only been in place a couple of days but has generated much activity already. I find this very useful. The first two scenarios listed I posted this weekend, and received enough perceptive feedback to alter both and repost as version two. Darn near instant feedback. Of course, still depends on the enthusiasm of the participants, but the point is the mechanism is in place for people not only to review after they've finished a scenario, but to throw in comments while they're still playing the game. How cool can you get? Kudos to GJK! I definitely recommend you check out 'The Proving Grounds'.

(And no, I don't know how to create a link. But Fredrock has one in his announcement of two new scenarios, I believe.) Cheers!

Thanks for the praises and let me help you out with that link bud, The Proving Grounds.

And if you're looking for some excellent scenarios, check out Graeme's. He's posted a number of them now on the site and I've been totally impressed with the work each time. Very high quality and each has been thoroughly enjoyable. I look forward to playing Bug River and Pripet Marshes this week myself.